Followers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting ready for a new school year

August 23rd will mark the beginning of another school year at Streamwood High School. On August 25th all students will return to the classrooms and start a learning adventure that will take them into the summer of the new year 2011.

I am the eternal optimist when it comes to learning taking place in the classroom and my ability to connect effectively with students learning science. I have plans for some extraordinary inquiry-based investigations that my students will capitalize upon and greatly increase their understanding of the world that they live in.

I am moving forward this year on a cross-disciplinary science project called The Climate Change Project. It will encompass and utilize all of my most recent projects on sustainable living, alternative energy and energy conservation. It will be a more focused attempt to document the effects of climate change upon our environment, which resonates from the effects of global warming and increased carbon dioxide gas concentrations in the atmosphere.

No comments: